Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Wedding!

Our wedding was fabulous! I started out the day going to get my hair done at noon. The hairdresser wasn't able to start me till 12:45. At the time I was thinking "No big deal", but now when I think back to it, I don't know why I wasn't freaking out. After that I met my mom at her house and we carpooled to the reception center...didn't want my car there to be vandalized! Steve and I were taking a limo from the reception center so we didn't want anyone to "accidentally" decorate our cars. I got to the reception center at about 2:30. My wonderful esthetician friend Colette did my grandmas make-up. Then my bridesmaids started showing up. I was so giddy at this point. Then Colette did my mom's make-up. My turn next. When she was finishing up, I thought.."humm I wonder what time it is." It turned out to almost be 4:30. Then the nervous wiggling and sweating started. :) In my head it took 1/2 an hour just to get in my laced up dress. So I wasn't going to be ready on time. AHHHH!!!
All these things were going through my head, like "Is everyone here? Did anyone even show up to watch the wedding? Should I brush my teeth again? What is Steve's expression going to be when I walk out? Am I going to cry? I think I'm crying right now!"
Then everybody left my room and I was all alone going crazy. It felt like an hour later, my dad showed up and I got to walk down the aisle. I didn't even notice anyone in the audience. I was thinking about not tripping and not fainting. I usually like to lock my knees when standing in front of people. After looking at the wedding video it appears that I was rocking back and forth the whole time up there. I guess that's better than locking my knees.
Steve looked absolutely handsome. I can't believe I snagged such a hot guy! Everything went according to plan. Our moms came up and lit candles, we lit a unity candle, no one's hair or veil caught on fire. The ring bearers did a wonderful job not dropping the rings and letting us grab them off the pillows. We were slightly worried that I would put the ring on the wrong finger so Steve had an ingenious idea to wear a different ring on his right hand, so we would know automatically that it was the wrong one.
Then Steve surprised everyone except for the judge and me by saying "Hell Yeah" instead of "I do". It was hilarious...at least to me. I'm not sure what our families were thinking. Then came the part we had been practicing for months. THE KISS! hahaha No we really had been practicing our wedding day kiss for months. We planned that the sweet little innocent girl that I am, who gets embarrassed kissing Steve in front of other people, would grab him by the neck and land a big one on him. There was also some possible butt grabbing involved, but I don't really recall whether that happened or not. It went just the way we planned it. I'm pretty sure my face was red for the whole wedding from blushing but I felt it go super red after that. Oh well, he is my husband after all, right?
After the ceremony came the next part I'd been practicing for months...signing my name! It went well, I didn't even mess up on my "r"! Woo Hoo!
The reception was a blast. Steve's brothers did a fantastic toast! We didn't shove the cake, and nobody saw up my dress when Steve got the garter with his teeth!
We had dancing after the receiving line. We were both a little nervous to be out there on our own, but it went well. We danced to "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis. Then I danced with my dad and he danced with his mom to "The way you look tonight" by Frank Sinatra. My dad was super nervous. He was kind of giggly. And my dad does not giggle. He did a fabulous job though. Then we had the money dance. My mom put on an apron I made her when I was 7 and collected money from people to dance with Steve and me. It was fun, but there weren't too many takers. Mostly thanks to my dad's friends Becky and Sandra, we made about $86.
After dancing, we went and changed and left in the limo to a Wolf Creek condo that the reception center owns. It was part of our package deal. You will hear tons more about the honeymoon in a later post. Ok, well not everything about the honeymoon. I'll leave that to your imagination, but you'll hear all the PG parts, maybe a little PG-13 when it comes to talking about old men on the cruise ship. hehehe
Here are a ton of pics. They are majorly out of order, but it would take me a few more days with how slow the internet is working to get them in the right order. So here ya go!






































































































































































































































































































Thank you all for your support and gifts.
And a special thanks to those in the wedding ceremony:

Mom and Dad Cutler
Mom and Dad Adams
Shelley Drescher
John Cutler
Brittany Heslop
Mike Cutler
Lisa Judkins
Phil Krebs
Maddie Moultrie
Jeni Moultrie
Ross Adams &
Nathan Moultrie

Also I want to thank Steve for not thinking I was a bridezilla. Or at least he didn't let on that he thought that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again! I still think it is funny that we both know Bethany Youngs!

Carolyn said...

I loved reading your thoughts on the whole day. It was a really neat day and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it all. By the way, what was Steve's expression when he finally saw you?

Oh, and I thought I'd just mention that there was some talk of sneaking over to Steve's house and decorating the cars there since you didn't bring any to the reception, but alas, the best laid plans...

BonnieKaye said...

I am so happy for you both. You are beautiful. Now the real fun begins. It it really is fun.

John + Bethany said...

You guys are seriously the cutest couple! Your wedding was so beautiful, it's fun to see all the pics.

So we should plan a double date sometime...I suggested it to John, but he isn't much of a planner, so let me know if you guys want to get together one of these weekends.

Mom said...

I really couldn't tell you were getting so nervous towards the end, Sarah! I know I was when it was taking me so long to lace up your dress and get your necklace latched! You truly were absolutely beautiful - gorgeous! And Steve, you looked mighty handsome too! I love you guys!

Audrey said...

What a beautiful bride! Congrats! :)